Pages

Oaklie

Saturday 7 January 2012

Kyle's Ravenclaw Scarf

Quite a while ago I believe I promised my friend off of the Twitters, @iamspacebar a Harry Potter scarf and then I forgot about it. He kindly reminded me just before Christmas and, ignoring his pleas that he was kidding, I went ahead and big fat knitted one for him anyway.

His house is obviously Ravenclaw so I found this lovely super-chunky yarn by Patons. I picked the colours "Delphinium" and "Indigo" as they were cute hues of Ravenclaw blue. They can be purchased HERE. Because it was super chunky it knit up really quickly.

I just went for a simple scarf structure. I used 10mm needles, cast on 20 stitches and knit 25 rows in each colour before switching back and casting off when I nearly ran out of yarn. Simple!

Here are some photos of *me* wearing it, because I'm yet to send it up to bonny Scotland for Kyle...




This is an in-progress photo of me setting in the loose ends after the knitting with a crochet hook I had lying around.






And because I'm wholly uncapable of being completely serious about anything this is a little shot I like to call Dilophosaurus-Chic



Click HERE to view this work on my Ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment