Pages

Oaklie

Saturday 5 December 2009

My other dream job?

Don't wait, the time will never be 'just right' - Napoleon Hill


I'm scared, excited and apprehensive all at once.
I just got a message through on facebook about a job in the haberdashery at John Lewis, Cardiff. If I got this job my title would be "Design Consultant" for none other than Rowan Yarns.

This is actually a dream. I've been an avid knitter for at least 4 years (a struggling knitter for about 2 years before that) and have knitted many Rowan patterns with Rowan yarns. Their wools are so luxuriant and of the best quality and having my JOB as letting other people know how much I love Rowan? Wow... just, wow...

I was given two phone numbers of the Design Consultant Manager for Rowan Yarns. Having tried her office number her answer phone message told me she would not be back in office until the 14th December - I cannot wait 9 days! So I texted (unprofessional?) her mobile phone and asked when would be an appropriate time to contact her regarding the job. No reply as yet, but I only sent the text about 15 minutes ago.

If I don't receive a reply before this evening I shall ring her first thing on Monday. That shows enthusiasm, right?
I've already written down a list of reasons why I would love this job, and may commit the entirety of tomorrow to learning every single type and colour of yarn that Rowan sell.

Cannot believe my dream job has come up and smacked me in the face like this. So excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment